This story was the first thing that came to my mind when we spoke of the theme of a house/home. It is written from one of the most famous (and my favorite) Latin American writer, Julio Cortazar.
Feel free to take a peak and maybe discover, as I did, its echoes and undertones.
Here are some of the ones I found:
- Characters are prisoners in their own home
- Characters find solace in a repetitive, purposeless task, and their dreams
- They occupy and preserve the ancestors' house, but do not own the space.
- Many rooms are empty and accumulate filth that inevitably comes from the outside
- Strangers/ a strange force starts to "possess" the house little by little, leaving them with "nothing"
Hope you enjoy it. Spanish speaking ladies sho